Please view the exciting opportunity below. If you feel this suits your experience, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Title: Warehouse Fabricator Location: Edmonton, AB
Department: Warehouse Reports to: Operations Manager
A Warehouse Fabricator is responsible for assisting in the manufacture of components or finished goods in a specific warehouse area. Working within safety and quality guidelines, work is performed to spec as per drawings and factory documentation. Performing many operations within a defined process under some supervision, Warehouse Fabricators work diligently to achieve daily warehouse requirements and meet customer expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities vary based on work-cell, team or manufacturing process.
- Produce product to specification (tolerances, surface finish, trueness of part) by following work instructions within expected warehouse times, procedures and using the correct raw materials
- Perform all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards.
- Meet scheduled task commitments on-time
- Complete warehouse paperwork – document processes and materials used
- Communicate immediately any obstacles in the way of achieving KPI’s and/or safety requirements
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Report equipment faults to the area Lead Hand
- Perform basic maintenance, cleaning and calibration of work areas and machinery
- Accurately record time to work orders
- Perform all functions of the job safely
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must have Table Saw Experience
- Experience in a warehouse environment and/or with plastics/rubber is an asset
- Experience with table saws, drill presses and other hand tools.
- Able to read a tape measure
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to read and interpret blue prints, drawings and general work instructions
- Able to lift 1000 lbs consistently throughout the day
- Possesses manual dexterity, attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Able to self-motivate, prioritize and maintain productivity levels as specified
- Displays adaptability, flexibility and a positive professional attitude
- Is self-aware at all times, balanced and confident