Redwood Plastics and Rubber’s flagship operation in Langley, BC (Canada) is pleased to announce we’re hiring in the position of Industrial Sales Representative. This individual will be based out of south-central British Columbia.
The ideal candidate has experience in Industrial or Mechanical Sales.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Office’s Business Development Manager, the Sales Rep is responsible for working closely within the Sales Team to define customer expectations and manage relationships while taking responsibility for sales growth and profitability within the territory. The successful candidate will have a keen enthusiasm for developing new markets, new customers and new product opportunities. Fundamental to success will be the approach to customer service, ethics, value-added salesmanship and the ability to learn and apply the technical aspects of our products. A natural mechanical aptitude and understanding of various manufacturing processes will be used to guide interaction with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell solutions – Foster relationships with current and potential customers, and present best fit solutions that solve customer’s challenges and improve their productivity and profits.
- Work with vendors and internal stakeholder to ensure product knowledge is up to date.
- Use up to date product/application knowledge to recommend appropriate solutions for any given application.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations, present solutions to decision makers, and develop the relationship towards closing the sale.
- Assist in creating RFP responses.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Inside Sales with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Work with the BDM to develop actionable sales targets.
- Use marketing data using applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Make assessments of market conditions and advise the sales team and marketing staff of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Periodically conduct presentations, such as seminars, trade show demonstrations.
- Participate in Regional Sales Office planning activities – understand market and customer trends and identify opportunities to achieve a competitive advantage and profitable sales growth in all industries served.
- Ensure the CRM remains up to date on an ongoing basis.
- Enthusiastically complete sales and product knowledge training.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
Skills, Experience & Education
- 5+ years of industrial sales experience
- Experience specifying and selling industrial rubber components such as molded parts, sheet rubber, extrusions or seals & gaskets is a major asset
- Postsecondary education in business, marketing, economics, or a related field an asset
- Proven understanding of the industry, products, applications and area of service an asset
- Possess a valid passport and driver’s license and is able travel without restriction in North America.
- Efficient time management and self-reliant planning of business trips (time out of the office >50%)
- Technical capability to learn and communicate the intricacies of our value-added product line.
- Person of integrity, high work ethics and dedicated to quality customer service
- Ability to manage growth and a rapidly increasing customer base
- Determined to take responsibility and to meet challenging sales and growth targets
- Willingness to compete in a technical environment
- Proven ability to coordinate sales action plans, manage expenses and budgets
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Able to effectively assess customer needs, present products and solutions, and close sales and cultivate long-term business relationships
- Proven ability to independently develop new business, build repeat business and manage a sales territory
- Proficient with personal computers, MS Office Suite and CRM software
- Redwood Plastics and Rubber offers competitive salary packages including a car allowance, medical and retirement benefits, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Compensation will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
- This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
If interested please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com