Redwood Plastics and Rubber is pleased to offer the opportunity to apply for these three careers at our Langley, BC, Canada location. Interested applicants can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Accounts Receivable & Finance Department Support
Location: Langley, BC
Reports to: Finance Manager
We have an opening for an Accounts Receivable and General Support person in our head office/finance department.
This role will be part of the AR team for our group of companies and as well, provide general support for various areas of a very busy accounting department.
This will suit a natural born “helper” who is not opposed to tackling a task regardless of how big or small.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- AR customer account reconciliation, deposit posting and collections – both by phone and email
- Reception for the accounting department and executive team (very low call volume)
- Process all incoming/outgoing mail and couriers
- Manage and maintain departmental group email boxes
- Maintain and order office supplies as required for the accounting department
- Assist Accounts Payable team with cheque runs and filing
- Other various duties as needed to help our busy head office/finance department run smoothly
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years working experience in an office, preference will be given to those with Accounts Receivable experience.
- Extreme attention to detail and proficiency in data posting.
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail are required.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to deal with people tactfully and professionally at all times.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
Title: Inside Sales Representative
Location: Langley, BC
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Inside Sales Team focuses on customer retention and acquisition. The position involves order processing, proactive calling to existing, and potential customers, provide customers with all services offered and provide solutions for their needs. Must be energetic, well spoken, and eager to close and increase sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize relationship selling/customer focused selling techniques by working closely with customers to solve their problems, increase their profits and/or increase their productivity
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely matter
- Understanding customer needs and offering solutions
- Proactive Selling: cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales, follow-up, & researching and calling potential prospects with existing product lines
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders and quotes
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products – present & deliver information
- Utilize CRM System effectively. Daily updates include: customer profiles, customer files, add sales notes and “deals.”
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any issues
- Closing sales and working with customers through closing process
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Comfortable making proactive calls and talking with existing and potential new customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with customers
- Persuasive and goal -oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Demonstrates understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning skills
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgement, and a professional demeanor
- Possesses outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret drawings and blueprints as well as work instructions and procedures
- Possesses a high level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Previous inside sales experience or related sales experience preferred
- Strong computer skills – MS Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude
- High school degree or equivalent
|Redwood Plastics and Rubber is seeking a CNC Operator to join our Langley Manufacturing team on day shift (6:00 am to 2:30 pm; Monday to Friday). A CNC Operator is responsible for the effective operation of CNC machines, ensuring the production of high quality products.
|The primary responsibility of this position is to use skill and experience to produce a variety of precision mechanical parts from plastics, composites and rubber materials on various CNC turning and milling machines.
In order to succeed in this position, you must be able to:
- Set-up, Program and Operate various CNC lathes and mills
- Read and understand blueprints, study specifications, drawings to determine the machining operation to be performed
- Determine tooling, tool-paths, setup methods and fixtures to produce parts in most efficient manner
- Read and interpret work orders
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances, and prepare working sketches if necessary
- Ensures workmanship throughout the manufacturing process and on finished goods meets or exceeds the costs, quality and schedule expectations for all customers
- Safety conscious with full participation in the safety program and all safety requirements
- Perform other duties as needed
Your qualifications include:
- 2 years CNC Programming (Preferred)
- 3 years CNC Machining (Required)
- Experience on HAAS VF-5, VF-4 or ST35Y hardware
- Fluent in G-Code &/or Certified in MasterCAM
- Ability to show initiative and manage your time as part of a high-functioning team
- Excellent English language communication skills; both written and verbal.
Come work for us if you enjoy:
- Competitive salary packages, medical and RRSP benefits with career advancement opportunities.
- Work within a fast paced, high energy and positive environment with tons of opportunities for learning, continuing education and apprenticeship support.
- Company barbeques, events, and working with a charged-up team of professional colleagues
- Fully equipped fitness facilities on-site, with bike facilities and showers to freshen up.
- Coveralls Provided
- Boot Allowance
- Employee-run Safety Committee
Redwood Plastics and Rubber is seeking a Swing Shift CNC Operator to join our growing team in Woodland, WA. Redwood Swing Shift is a 4 days per week and 10 hrs per day (Mon – Thur 3:00pm to 1:30am) schedule.
Primary responsibilities include reading and analyzing blueprints, reading G-Code, machining plastics and steel, communicating material and/or program needs, and executing quality control. Focus should be placed on collaborating with supervisors, management, and other team members to achieve company goals and KPI’s. As a CNC Operator, your actions will directly impact manufacturing and therefore the success of our team and the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Balance excellent safe working habits with a healthy sense of urgency.
- Execute all work orders relative to the schedule and due dates that are set by our scheduling department.
- Embrace collaboration, accept suggestions, and embrace a mentality of continual improvement.
- Organize the production area’s workflow. Ensure resources are effectively utilized.
- Be accountable for final product quality.
- Lead by example. Safety and production begin with you.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent spoken and written English is required.
- Able to lift 75 lbs is required.
- 2+ years of CNC machining experience or equivalent knowledge is required.
- G-code interpretation experience is required.
- A strong understanding of drawing interpretation is required.
- Specific experience in machining plastic is a huge asset.
- Mastercam/CAD Experience preferred.
- Multi-axis experience preferred.
- Sub Spindle and complex setup experience preferred.
- Experience in machining steels and other metals preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Please email email@example.com if you’re interested with your resume and cover letter.
Thank you for all your applications but only ideal candidates will be contacted.
Redwood Plastics and Rubber in Langley, BC, Canada is looking for a dedicated and decisive Swing Shift Lead. This individual will work collaboratively with supervisors, management, and other team leads to achieve company goals and KPIs. Shifts are 10 hours, Mon-Thurs, 3:00PM-1:30AM.
- Practice and lead safe working habits with healthy urgency
- Set up and operate various CNC mills
- Read/understand the specifications of blueprints to determine the machining operation to be performed
- Determine tooling, tool-paths, setup methods and fixtures to produce parts in the most efficient manner
- Read and interpret work orders in detail
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Organize production workflow
- Be accountable for final product quality
- Utilize visual management where it makes sense
- Lead by example.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
• Excellent spoken and written English is required.
• Able to lift 75 lbs is required.
• 7+ years of CNC Mill experience, CNC Router experience, or equivalent knowledge is required.
• Proven G-code experience is required.
• Proven GD&T knowledge and a strong understanding of drawing interpretation is required.
• CNC lathe experience is a huge asset.
• Specific experience in machining plastic is a huge asset.
• Mastercam/CAD Experience preferred.
• Haas Mills and/or Komo router experience preferred.
• Multi-axis experience preferred.
• Complex setup experience preferred.
• Experience in machining steels and other metals preferred.
• 2+ years of direct supervisory experience in manufacturing preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred.
• Proven leadership and team building skills preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills required.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Redwood Plastics and Rubber offers competitive pay, medical insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, a positive work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Compensation will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org