Redwood Plastics and Rubber is excited to announce we’re hiring for our inside sales division!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responding to quote requests from our regional sales offices
- Consulting with manufacturing on designs
- Creating work orders
- On occasion liaise directly with the customers
- Take ownership and be accountable as you track and update delivery schedules
- Utilize the CRM system to effectively track win/close ratios
- Perform other duties in the department as assigned
The successful candidate will have a high degree of technical aptitude, able to understand applications, customers concerns, learn and retain product knowledge, and then deliver a solution. The candidate will be a resourceful, independent, professional. In addition:
- Will be able to read and understand technical drawings
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Display a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Skilled in negotiation, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills.
- Be proficient with computers including MS Office. Be able to learn our inventory program.
- Able to perform basic math (algebra, compute rate, ratios, etc)
The company offers excellent salary, medical, dental, retirement benefits all combined with a positive work environment and career advancement opportunities.
Compensation will be determined on qualifications and experience.
To submit your resume please email email@example.com
Are you a machinist? A skilled warehouse supervisor or logistics expert? How about a sales expert? Redwood Plastics and Rubber has several careers open right now. The right candidate will join a company with an excellent team-based corporate culture, with extensive benefits including health and RRSP matching. Here are the following positions currently available and their location:
Business Development Manager – Vancouver, BC, Canada
CNC Operator – Langley, BC, Canada
Fabricator – Woodland, WA, USA
Industrial Sales Rep – Atlanta, GA, USA
Industrial Sales Rep – Woodland, WA, USA
Inside Sales Rep – Langley, BC, Canada
Inside Sales/Marketing – Langley, BC, Canada
Laborer – Langley, BC, Canada
Logistics Coordinator – Langley, BC, Canada
Saw Operator – Langley, BC, Canada
Shipping & Receiving Administrator – Langley, BC, Canada
If you’re interested in any of the positions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Redwood Plastics and Rubber family is happy to announce the birth of Gordon Clark Sinclair, son of Tyler Sinclair. He was born on October 20th 12:28am 8 LBS 12.2 OZ. The baby and mom are healthy and fine. Wish Tyler all the success in fatherhood!
Redwood Plastics and Rubber was rewarded richly with individual and team honors at the recent IAPD (International Association of Plastics Distribution) convention in Chicago this past week. As a team we brought home the Education Circle of Champions Gold Award once again! Having our employees do their work with the firm foundation of IAPD education is a priority for our company and we will continue to encourage educational growth. Our VP of Marketing, Angela Rodenburgh, brought home the Pacesetter Award. This award is given each year to the IAPD member who takes charge, volunteers his or her time, in moving the IAPD forward as well as the plastics industry as whole. Angela has been in the forefront for years working on plastics as a career for women, on how new regulation affects the industry, and has been on several committees within the IAPD.
Secondly, Matt Blom also in our marketing department was the fourth person inducted into the “Honor Society”. This society is for individuals who have gone above and beyond in their pursuit of being plastic experts and have personally embraced the educational opportunities the IAPD affords. Matt had completed all other available courses when he offered to be the “guinea pig” to take the brand new course “Excellence In Sales Level II”. This test took over a year to complete and required a 100% score to pass.
Congratulations to both members of our Marketing team and all our employees for embracing education!
Redwood Plastics’ Marketing Department is excited to offer the new position of Inside Sales Support. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week, 7:30AM-4:30PM, Monday to Friday, working on-site in Aldergrove) in a role supporting our Marketing department’s initiatives. The successful applicant will coordinate and work closely with our Market Development representative but also report to the Marketing Director.
We are seeking someone who can multitask and enjoys variety in their career. The position is best suited to someone creative, detail-oriented, has the ability to organize, and prioritize, a number of tasks given throughout the day. The position requires a self-motivated individual as much of the work done will be independently. The employee will also be required to learn technical information on advanced industrial plastics quickly.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supporting supplier relationships and obtaining quotes on products
• Prospecting and market research via cold calling
• Contributing to the company’s social media presence
• Preparation and of physical mailing (either marketing campaigns or inter-company mailing of samples/literature)
• Assisting with marketing campaigns
• Customer service
• Data entry into our customer management system (CMS)
• Editing and creating emails using a marketing automation software
• Obtaining freight quotes
• Occasional content writing
The ideal applicant would have the following attributes:
• Organized with exceptional time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Quick learner with a high degree of independence
• Highly confident and comfortable communicating on the phone, including in “cold” settings
• Able to learn and work with a high level of technical information
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• CMS experience would be an asset
• Post-secondary educated in business or industrial distribution
• Experience in industrial distribution would be an asset
The position offers consistent hours and an excellent office working environment with the opportunity for growth. Designed for a self-motivated individual willing to take on new responsibilities. Benefits and paid vacation are offered following a 3 month probation. Compensation is based on experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter at email@example.com
Thank you for applying, but only candidates we feel are an ideal fit will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Gannon himself used that nickname introducing himself to some coworkers earlier!
Redwood Plastics’ marketing department is pleased to announce the hiring of Gannon Andrews as our new Marketing Assistant in a part-time role as he continues to attend University. Gannon will assist the Marketing Department with a wide variety of tasks including market research, quotations, mailing campaigns, LiveChat, assisting with CMS, and working with our eCommerce site. His past work experience include being a shipper/receiver, assisting in purchasing, and inventory management. Gannon grew up locally near the branch and is Langley born and raised. His hobbies are tied to the Fine Arts as he is a classically trained vocal, plays the guitar, and overall is keenly interested in music related activities as his primary hobby.
Woodland branch is proud to announce the hiring of Dave Corder to their outside sales team. Dave has been tasked with maintaining and expanding Redwood’s growth in the Portland Metro and Willamette Valley territory. Dave brings with him over 25 years of experience in related industries. When he’s not working, Dave is a big music fan and actually played drums for a rock band when younger. He also enjoys riding around in anything with two – or four – wheels on it. Most impressively, Dave has immediately fit in with Redwood Woodland’s self-described “quirky” culture.