Redwood Plastics and Rubber is pleased to offer a new position in our emerging installation department. The Fabricator/Liner Installer will be responsible for reading blueprints and drawings to determine both the materials needed and to create the required layouts. This individual will then be required to use a variety of tools and machinery to make the necessary cuts and other fabrication for the complete units. Travel to our client’s sites will be required and on-site travel costs, food, and lodging will be covered by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to assess materials requirement, and plan the sequence of tasks to layout, cut and fit product.
- Create and construct patterns and guides as templates for cutting.
- Operate light machinery, power tools and hand tools.
- Assemble components into complete units or sub-unit.
- Perform all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards.
- Ensure products are produced to specification.
- Accurately record time to work orders.
- Perform all functions of the job safely.
- Travel and onsite installation is required as needed.
- Integral part of a team that installs industrial plastic, polyurethane or ceramic liners
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Experience in a production environment and/or with plastics is an asset
- Experience with a table saw, drill press and hand tools is an asset however training will be provided.
- Able to read a tape measure
- Ceramic tile experience preferred but not required
- Welding experiences is an asset, preferably plastic welding
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to read and interpret blue prints, drawings and general work instructions
- Experience in a production environment an asset
- Able to lift 50 lbs consistently throughout the day.
- Possesses manual dexterity, attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Able to prioritize and maintain productivity levels as specified.