Redwood Plastics and Rubber in Langley, BC, Canada is looking for a dedicated and decisive Swing Shift Lead. This individual will work collaboratively with supervisors, management, and other team leads to achieve company goals and KPIs. Shifts are 10 hours, Mon-Thurs, 3:00PM-1:30AM.
- Practice and lead safe working habits with healthy urgency
- Set up and operate various CNC mills
- Read/understand the specifications of blueprints to determine the machining operation to be performed
- Determine tooling, tool-paths, setup methods and fixtures to produce parts in the most efficient manner
- Read and interpret work orders in detail
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Organize production workflow
- Be accountable for final product quality
- Utilize visual management where it makes sense
- Lead by example.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
• Excellent spoken and written English is required.
• Able to lift 75 lbs is required.
• 7+ years of CNC Mill experience, CNC Router experience, or equivalent knowledge is required.
• Proven G-code experience is required.
• Proven GD&T knowledge and a strong understanding of drawing interpretation is required.
• CNC lathe experience is a huge asset.
• Specific experience in machining plastic is a huge asset.
• Mastercam/CAD Experience preferred.
• Haas Mills and/or Komo router experience preferred.
• Multi-axis experience preferred.
• Complex setup experience preferred.
• Experience in machining steels and other metals preferred.
• 2+ years of direct supervisory experience in manufacturing preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred.
• Proven leadership and team building skills preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills required.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Redwood Plastics and Rubber offers competitive pay, medical insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, a positive work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Compensation will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Redwood Plastics and Rubber is pleased to offer a new position in our emerging installation department. The Fabricator/Liner Installer will be responsible for reading blueprints and drawings to determine both the materials needed and to create the required layouts. This individual will then be required to use a variety of tools and machinery to make the necessary cuts and other fabrication for the complete units. Travel to our client’s sites will be required and on-site travel costs, food, and lodging will be covered by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to assess materials requirement, and plan the sequence of tasks to layout, cut and fit product.
- Create and construct patterns and guides as templates for cutting.
- Operate light machinery, power tools and hand tools.
- Assemble components into complete units or sub-unit.
- Perform all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards.
- Ensure products are produced to specification.
- Accurately record time to work orders.
- Perform all functions of the job safely.
- Travel and onsite installation is required as needed.
- Integral part of a team that installs industrial plastic, polyurethane or ceramic liners
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Experience in a production environment and/or with plastics is an asset
- Experience with a table saw, drill press and hand tools is an asset however training will be provided.
- Able to read a tape measure
- Ceramic tile experience preferred but not required
- Welding experiences is an asset, preferably plastic welding
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to read and interpret blue prints, drawings and general work instructions
- Experience in a production environment an asset
- Able to lift 50 lbs consistently throughout the day.
- Possesses manual dexterity, attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Able to prioritize and maintain productivity levels as specified.
Redwood Plastics and Rubber is excited to announce we’re hiring for our inside sales division!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responding to quote requests from our regional sales offices
- Consulting with manufacturing on designs
- Creating work orders
- On occasion liaise directly with the customers
- Take ownership and be accountable as you track and update delivery schedules
- Utilize the CRM system to effectively track win/close ratios
- Perform other duties in the department as assigned
The successful candidate will have a high degree of technical aptitude, able to understand applications, customers concerns, learn and retain product knowledge, and then deliver a solution. The candidate will be a resourceful, independent, professional. In addition:
- Will be able to read and understand technical drawings
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Display a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Skilled in negotiation, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills.
- Be proficient with computers including MS Office. Be able to learn our inventory program.
- Able to perform basic math (algebra, compute rate, ratios, etc)
The company offers excellent salary, medical, dental, retirement benefits all combined with a positive work environment and career advancement opportunities.
Compensation will be determined on qualifications and experience.
To submit your resume please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Inside Sales & Business Development Assistant – Langley, BC
Since 1971 Redwood Plastics has worked with customers to find solutions for a variety of problems including shock, abrasion, noise and wear. In conjunction with our manufacturing partners, Redwood Plastics mold, machines and fabricates a variety of industrial plastic solutions across a variety of industries.
Our Langley, BC branch is currently looking to add a full-time self-motivated and enthusiastic Inside Sales & Business Development Assistant. This individual would assist and report to our current business development professional and would be tasked with proactively developing new business and accounts in a variety of industries across North America, primarily through the telephone, by developing a relationship with prospects and finding solutions to problems using our plastic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing new business through cold calling
- Conducting research to find prospects
- Assisting with various other sales tasks as required
Our successful candidate will have a/an:
- Demonstrable track record of success in a sales environment
- Engaging personality, ability to quickly become comfortable on the phone
- Strong ability to learn technical information, understand new industries in a short time
- Responsible, cooperative attitude combined with a high degree of professionalism
- Completed post-secondary business program at an accredited institution
The successful candidate can expect a supportive environment with 1-on-1 training and mentorship, but a proactive attitude and willingness push oneself to succeed independently is essential.
Why take on this challenge? Redwood Plastics knows people are our best assets. We provide a great benefits package after 3 months and paid vacation after one year. You can expect regular hours, have your weekends/holidays free and your own place to work – no cubicle. We strongly believe in the benefits of industry-specific education, and will do what we can to provide employees the tools they need to thrive.
Redwood Plastics will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary plus commission. If you have the desire to advance your career with a successful organization, submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format today to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls, no in-person submissions will be accepted.
Entry Level Inside Sales – Saskatoon
Redwood Plastics is a Canadian owned and operated company in business since 1971 and we have just expanded into Saskatchewan. Our new Saskatoon location is the fourth in Canada and seventh in North America. We are offering a position of Entry Level Inside Sales.
We are looking for a career minded individual with previous Inside Sales experience, knowledge of Saskatchewan industry, with marketing and accounting experience. Excellent Phone mannerisms, Professionalism, Computer Skills are required. Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and Outlook and be able to learn inventory and customer based computer programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Customer Service
– Quotation and Sales
– Order Entry
– Communications with Outside sales
– Production Scheduling
– Shipping and Receiving
– Inventory Management
Redwood Plastics is a great company to work for. We offer health and dental benefits, retirement savings plans, bonuses, paid vacation and competitive wages. Training is provided immediately. Please submit your resume and start your career today.
Drop your resumes at:
Redwood Plastics Corporation
Unit B — 3543 Millar Ave
This position has been filled. Thank you.
Technical Outside Sales – Edmonton
Redwood Plastics, an international plastics distributor is seeking a self motivated, driven individual for a Technical Outside Sales position at our branch in Edmonton, Alberta. The Technical Outside Sales Representative will develop and maintain relationships with a variety of clients throughout his/her territories in Alberta.
We are seeking a self-motivated professional who enjoys working independently and is capable of building strong mutually-beneficial customer relationships.
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably in industrial markets
- excellent customer service and presentation skills
- demonstrated success in opening new accounts
- demonstrated success in account retention and development
- strong computer skills
- must maintain a reliable personal vehicle, a valid provincial driver license, and auto liability insurance.
Redwood Plastics will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary plus commissions and an excellent benefits package.
If you have the desire to advance your career with a successful organization, please apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position has been filled. Thank you.
Pat Curley, CEO of Redwood Plastics, is pleased to announce that Jeff Norris has accepted the position of Branch Manager in Woodland.
Jeff has been with Redwood for 5 years and has been instrumental in reshaping the branch over the past year. Congratulations Jeff!