Redwood Plastics and Rubber in Langley, BC, Canada is looking for a dedicated and decisive Swing Shift Lead. This individual will work collaboratively with supervisors, management, and other team leads to achieve company goals and KPIs. Shifts are 10 hours, Mon-Thurs, 3:00PM-1:30AM.
- Practice and lead safe working habits with healthy urgency
- Set up and operate various CNC mills
- Read/understand the specifications of blueprints to determine the machining operation to be performed
- Determine tooling, tool-paths, setup methods and fixtures to produce parts in the most efficient manner
- Read and interpret work orders in detail
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Organize production workflow
- Be accountable for final product quality
- Utilize visual management where it makes sense
- Lead by example.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
• Excellent spoken and written English is required.
• Able to lift 75 lbs is required.
• 7+ years of CNC Mill experience, CNC Router experience, or equivalent knowledge is required.
• Proven G-code experience is required.
• Proven GD&T knowledge and a strong understanding of drawing interpretation is required.
• CNC lathe experience is a huge asset.
• Specific experience in machining plastic is a huge asset.
• Mastercam/CAD Experience preferred.
• Haas Mills and/or Komo router experience preferred.
• Multi-axis experience preferred.
• Complex setup experience preferred.
• Experience in machining steels and other metals preferred.
• 2+ years of direct supervisory experience in manufacturing preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred.
• Proven leadership and team building skills preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills required.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Redwood Plastics and Rubber offers competitive pay, medical insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, a positive work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Compensation will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org