Our Woodland, WA location is excited to offer an inside sales position at our Woodland, WA location. This position is unique in that proactive, outbound selling is key:
Location: Woodland, WA
Reports to: Operations Manager
The inside sales team works closely with our outside sales team and focuses on customer acquisition and retention. The position involves quoting, order processing, and proactive calling to existing as well as potential customers. Product knowledge is imperative to the position as we strive to provide customers with information about all of our services as solutions to their needs. Must be self-driven, well spoken, and eager to increase sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize relationship focused selling techniques by working closely with customers to solve their problems, increase their productivity, and ultimately increasing their profits.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely matter.
- Listen and seek to understand customer needs in order to create comprehensive solutions.
- Proactive selling: cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales, quote/sales follow-up, and researching potential prospects with existing product lines.
- Accurately process customer orders and quotes.
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products – present and deliver information effectively.
- Utilize CRM System effectively per company specifications.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Closing sales and working with customers through closing process.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Willing to make 5+ proactive calls daily.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with customers.
- Persuasive and goal oriented.
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor.
- Must prioritize well under pressure and be able to manage stress effectively.
- Demonstrates understanding and applications of effective selling strategies.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Demonstrate a high level of critical thinking, situational analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates independent work initiative, sound judgement, and a professional demeanor.
- Possesses outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to read and interpret drawings and blueprints as well as work instructions and procedures
- Possesses a high level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Previous inside sales experience or related sales experience preferred
- Strong computer skills – MS Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude
- High school degree or equivalent
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlanta branch is pleased to welcome Tyler Marsh into the fold. Tyler will be working in outside sales and has already been with the branch for a few weeks, attending the Strongwell tour in late September with the rest of our crew. Tyler is a local boy, growing up in Woodstock, GA and attended the University of South Carolina. Tyler is an avid, very low handicap golfer and enjoys spending time with friends, family and his fiancee. Tyler describes himself as competitive and disliking negativity, tardiness…And mushrooms! Congratulations are in order as Tyler and his fiancee, Jenn, will be married this April in Roswell, GA.
Tyler is excited to develop Redwood business in new territories and we are happy to have him!
Inside Sales & Business Development Assistant – Langley, BC
Since 1971 Redwood Plastics has worked with customers to find solutions for a variety of problems including shock, abrasion, noise and wear. In conjunction with our manufacturing partners, Redwood Plastics mold, machines and fabricates a variety of industrial plastic solutions across a variety of industries.
Our Langley, BC branch is currently looking to add a full-time self-motivated and enthusiastic Inside Sales & Business Development Assistant. This individual would assist and report to our current business development professional and would be tasked with proactively developing new business and accounts in a variety of industries across North America, primarily through the telephone, by developing a relationship with prospects and finding solutions to problems using our plastic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing new business through cold calling
- Conducting research to find prospects
- Assisting with various other sales tasks as required
Our successful candidate will have a/an:
- Demonstrable track record of success in a sales environment
- Engaging personality, ability to quickly become comfortable on the phone
- Strong ability to learn technical information, understand new industries in a short time
- Responsible, cooperative attitude combined with a high degree of professionalism
- Completed post-secondary business program at an accredited institution
The successful candidate can expect a supportive environment with 1-on-1 training and mentorship, but a proactive attitude and willingness push oneself to succeed independently is essential.
Why take on this challenge? Redwood Plastics knows people are our best assets. We provide a great benefits package after 3 months and paid vacation after one year. You can expect regular hours, have your weekends/holidays free and your own place to work – no cubicle. We strongly believe in the benefits of industry-specific education, and will do what we can to provide employees the tools they need to thrive.
Redwood Plastics will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary plus commission. If you have the desire to advance your career with a successful organization, submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format today to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls, no in-person submissions will be accepted.